What's At The Show?
Baron de Rutzen Award
Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society gratefully acknowledges the generosity of Mr J H Llewellin & family, of Kilbarth, Rudbaxton, Haverfordwest for kindly re-presenting the Baron de Rutzen award to the Society to be competed for this year.
The de Rutzen family continue to have a considerable influence in Pembrokeshire through their agricultural estates and diverse businesses interests.
Their historical connection is best viewed online - de Rutzen.coflein.co.uk
Enter The Award
Fondly In Memory Of...
BARON JOHN FREDERICK FOLEY DE RUTZEN
President of the Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society in 1936
Service Number: 72466
3rd Bn., Welsh Guards who died on 11 October 1944 Age 36
Son of Lt. Alan Frederick James, Baron de Rutzen, Pembrokeshire Yeomanry (killed in action, 1916), and Eleanor Etna Audley, Baroness de Rutzen, of Ridgeway, Pembrokeshire; husband of Sheila Victoria Katrin, Baroness de Rutzen, of Picton Castle, Pembrokeshire. J.P., D.L.
"ONE GENERATION PASSETH AWAY AND ANOTHER GENERATION COMETH: BUT THE EARTH ABIDETH"
Remembered with Honour
SANTERNO VALLEY WAR CEMETERY
II, C, 7.
COMMEMORATED IN PERPETUITY BY THE COMMONWEALTH WARGRAVES COMMISSION
Rules & Objectives Of The Award
- The entrant to be a fully practising farmer within the county of Pembrokeshire under the age of 45 on the 1st January when entering the competition.
- Entries maybe by either nomination or application on the PAS website.
- The code of good agricultural practice to be adhered to, and to include Farm Assurance and all other industry standards applicable to the agricultural industry.
- The applicant to demonstrate the farm’s use of the latest technological methods to promote progressive, sustainable agriculture.
- The applicant to demonstrate a consideration for the environment, and habitat sensitivity.
- The farm to present an aesthetically pleasing example of farming in Pembrokeshire.
- The winning farm to invite members of the PAS to a farm walk.
- Judges to be chosen by the PAS Award committee. The judging template to be decided by the committee and to be reviewed annually to reflect the progression of agriculture and what is applicable to Pembrokeshire.
CLOSING DATE FOR APPLICATIONS: WEDNESDAY 31 MAY 2023