The 2019 Show
Promises to be a real diamond this year.
PEMBROKESHIRE COUNTY SHOW Wales' largest three-day agricultural show - Pembrokeshire County Show promises to be a real diamond this year.
The action-packed event on August 13, 14 and 15 is celebrating a milestone anniversary - it's 60 years since the show moved to its present location at Pembrokeshire County Showground in Haverfordwest.
And to celebrate, organisers, Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society are pulling out all the stops to make the event another fantastic event for West Wales - new attractions and a new showground layout will make the 2019 show one to remember.
There's been a lot of work going on behind the scenes over the winter as Jan Pearce, society chief executive, explained: "Following the 2018 show, on going consultation has taken place with both internal and external stakeholders to provide feedback and suggestions. The society has worked to improve, expand and innovate the three-day county show into a unique summer event and this year's show is jam-packed with great attractions and events with something for everyone. "The emphasis of the show has always been on agriculture, farming and food, while connecting with the all communities and visitors throughout Wales, and this will be core for 2019."
Headlining the attractions will be the IMPs motorcycling display team who will mesmerise the crowds with an unmissable display of discipline and skill, while there will also be a chance to engage with the team from BASC, take part in Irish sheaf throwing competitions and watch falconry displays in the Countryside Marquee, enjoy the Free Family Play Zone, hop on board the land train and visit the new Pembrokeshire Little Farmers Education Marquee.
As part of the new-look layout, there will be the fabulous shopping village with hundreds of trade stands. The Castell Howell Food Marquee has been extended following its huge success last year and increased demand from standholders. Visitors will be able to tickle their tastebuds at the huge food festival which celebrates the very best local produce on offer.
Equine entrants will be able to enjoy the new viewing gallery accessed by Main Avenue for the Grand Arena, which follows on the success from the introduction of the Stockman's Bar last year. But whilst there's a whole new lot of things to see and do, as is tradition, the animals will be taking centre stage in the rings as they go head-to-head for the most sought-after top honours. From cattle, sheep, pigs, and horses to poultry and dog agility competitions, World class showjumping, crafts and horticulture, vintage tractors and crops, show-goers will be able to see some of the country's finest exhibits.
The entire show will be live and entertaining, culminating in a spectacular Grand Parade each day. There's just so much on - it may take you a couple of days to see it all!
The show is open from 8 am until late each of the three days with early bird tickets now on sale at www.pembsshow.org And once more, this year there will be reduced rates for entry after 4 pm. No-one will need to go home early as the live stage will provide entertainment until late. In the meantime, like the Pembrokeshire County Show Facebook page and keep up-to-date with the countdown.
- Job Opportunity
- Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society Student Bursary Award
- New for 2019 - The Scarlets Village and Kit Launch
- New Lady Ambassador
- Stepping into new roles at Society's AGM
- Show Launch 2018
- Fun day provides a heartwarming tale
- PAS Ltd Privacy Statement
- Car boot sales
- Presidents diary
- PAS Attend The Twinned Tinahely Show
- Sheaf Throwing At This Years Show
- The President's Blog
- New addition to our 2019 Show!
- IMPS New for 2019
- The 2019 Show
- Student Bursary 2019
- Dogs at the 2019 Show
- Introducing Nicola Owen - the new President
- Competition Time
- The Castle Archers
- Littler Farmers Education Competition Winner
- Family Day Out
- Ladies Day - Wed 14th August 2019
- Craft & Horticulture at The Show 2019
- Food at the 2019 show
- Love Agriculture & countryside
- What you need to know for the 2019 show
- Message from Jan Pearce
- Message from Nicola Owen, President
- Lady Ambassador, Lorna Richards
- Refill your water bottles at the Show (1)
- Bursary Award Winner 2019
- Janet Cornock - Winner Idris Davies Memorial
- VIBRANT FOOD AND DRINK SCENE’ CELEBRATED IN PRODUCE MARK AWARDS
- Student Award Winners 2019
- Brian Lewis - Winner of Ian Fudge Perp Award
- Good Hook Award
- Mark Reynolds & Vincent Goffin Award Winners
- Welsh Government announce funding of £47,000 for DPJ Foundation
- Ministerial Visit for the Pembrokeshire County Show 2019
- Ladies Day 2019
- Championing Refill Pembrokshire’s mission at the 2019 show
- Cattle Championship Results 2019
- 2019 Tradestand Winners
- Scarlets Kit Launch at the 2019 Show
Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society Student Bursary Award
Would you like some extra financial support to assist your chosen college and career path?Read More
Tradestand Applications now open!
Please click here to get our 2019 County Show Trade Stand Application FormRead More
Become a member
Join the Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society and enjoy great savings and the benefits of membership at the annual Coun...Read More