This year's show is jam-packed with great attractions and events. There's something for everyone!
Following the 2017 show, a consultation process has been on-going, appealing to internal and external stakeholders for their feedback and suggestions. The Society, led by Chief Executive Jan Pearce, has worked to improve, expand and innovate the three-day county show into a unique summer event.
Organisers are formulating a varied and packed programme, with a revised showground layout. The emphasis of the show has always been on agriculture, farming and food while connecting with the rural community and this will be core for 2018.
Some of the headline attractions for 2018 will be to meet Joseph's Amazing Camels, and watch or compete in a fantastic Irish sheaf throwing competition throughout the three days. There are a number of other attractions and displays, including robotic milking of cows and the feeding of calves, the new-look Valero Countryside Park, farrier demonstrations, classic car displays, a vast array of agricultural machinery and equipment, a skateboarding area, and indoor go-karting.
As ever the animals will be taking centre stage in the rings as they go head-to-head for the top honours. From cattle, pigs, goats and horses to poultry, dog agility competitions and the dog show, visitors will be able to see some of the country's finest exhibits. Sheep exhibitors will now have their own dedicated area.
The entire show will be live and entertaining, culminating in a spectacular grand parade.
The YFC will have their own dedicated area to hold tournaments, competitions and display exhibition work.
Another first, the Pembrokeshire Little Farmers' marquee, will host educational competitions.
As part of the revised plan there will be a new shopping mall and a higher number of trade stands. The Castell Howell Food Hall finds a new home on the main avenue. There will also be a new main arena viewing gallery with bar, accessed from main avenue, and there will be a Stockman's Bar adjacent to the livestock housing compound.
Also new for this year will be reduced rates for entry after 4pm. No-one will need to go home early as the live stage will provide entertainment until 8.30pm.
And of course, lots of perennial family favourites, like the free play zone, will return for 2018.
The show will be held from August 14-16.
- Job Opportunity
- Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society Student Bursary Award
- New for 2019 - The Scarlets Village and Kit Launch
- New Lady Ambassador
- Stepping into new roles at Society's AGM
- Show Launch 2018
- Fun day provides a heartwarming tale
- PAS Ltd Privacy Statement
- Car boot sales
- Presidents diary
- PAS Attend The Twinned Tinahely Show
- Sheaf Throwing At This Years Show
- The President's Blog
- New addition to our 2019 Show!
- IMPS New for 2019
- The 2019 Show
- Student Bursary 2019
- Dogs at the 2019 Show
- Introducing Nicola Owen - the new President
- Competition Time
- The Castle Archers
- Littler Farmers Education Competition Winner
- Family Day Out
- Ladies Day - Wed 14th August 2019
- Craft & Horticulture at The Show 2019
- Food at the 2019 show
- Love Agriculture & countryside
- What you need to know for the 2019 show
- Message from Jan Pearce
- Message from Nicola Owen, President
- Lady Ambassador, Lorna Richards
- Refill your water bottles at the Show (1)
- Bursary Award Winner 2019
- Janet Cornock - Winner Idris Davies Memorial
- VIBRANT FOOD AND DRINK SCENE’ CELEBRATED IN PRODUCE MARK AWARDS
- Student Award Winners 2019
- Brian Lewis - Winner of Ian Fudge Perp Award
- Good Hook Award
- Mark Reynolds & Vincent Goffin Award Winners
- Welsh Government announce funding of £47,000 for DPJ Foundation
- Ministerial Visit for the Pembrokeshire County Show 2019
- Ladies Day 2019
- Championing Refill Pembrokshire’s mission at the 2019 show
- Cattle Championship Results 2019
- 2019 Tradestand Winners
- Scarlets Kit Launch at the 2019 Show
Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society Student Bursary Award
Would you like some extra financial support to assist your chosen college and career path?Read More
Tradestand Applications now open!
Please click here to get our 2019 County Show Trade Stand Application FormRead More
Become a member
Join the Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society and enjoy great savings and the benefits of membership at the annual Coun...Read More