Pembrokeshire County Show's Lady Ambassador 2019!
Meet Pembrokeshire County Show's Lady Ambassador for 2019 - Lorna Richards.
Twenty-four-year-old Lorna, a registered veterinary nurse at Fenton Vets, is a farmer's daughter from a dairy farm in Hasguard Cross.
"Agriculture and animals have always been an important part of my life and I have always enjoyed the farming life," says Lorna who now lives with her fiancé, Daniel Phillips, in the north of the county having swapped her family's dairy cows for the couple's beef cows and sheep.
Lorna says since the year she was born, she has visited the Pembrokeshire County Show: "It was always an important part of the farming calendar and something my two sisters, brother and I looked forward to once the school summer holidays came around. Even since being in full-time employment, I always made sure I was able to help out on the stand with Fenton Vets allowing me to still attend the show."
A former member of Tiers Cross YFC, Lorna feels 'very privileged' to be Lady Ambassador.
Lorna continues: "It has always been a role I have wanted to undertake as my mother was Miss County Show in 1988, enabling me to now follow in her footsteps, although as she tells me, the role of Lady Ambassador has greatly evolved since her days as Miss County Show!
So what does the role of Lady Ambassador involve?
Lorna explains: "Promoting the Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society is one of the main roles, along with assisting the president in the variety of occasions that she has to be present for. You attend a range of events throughout the year which includes a trip to Ireland for the Tinahely Show, and of course, the three days of the Pembrokeshire County Show. There are also a range of fun days and charity events throughout the year as well as other fundraising events."
And what is Lorna looking forward to most about being Lady Ambassador?
"I think I'm most looking forward to seeing all the behind the scenes action that goes on in order to hold the County Show and being a part of it," she says.
"I think everyone is aware that a lot of work goes into hosting the show every year, but some people, myself included, might not be aware of the scale of work and man hours go into preparing for this event. I'm also looking forward to meeting a variety of different people and making many new connections, as well as seeing many familiar faces."
The 2019 Pembrokeshire County Show takes place from August 13-15.
For more information and tickets see www.pembsshow.org
Pembrokeshire County Show Lady Ambassador Lorna Richards (right) with President Nicola Owen. Image Credit - Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society
- Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society Student Bursary Award
- New for 2019 - The Scarlets Village and Kit Launch
- New Lady Ambassador
- Stepping into new roles at Society's AGM
- Fun day provides a heartwarming tale
- PAS Ltd Privacy Statement
- Car boot sales
- Presidents diary
- PAS Attend The Twinned Tinahely Show
- Sheaf Throwing At This Years Show
- The President's Blog
- New addition to our 2019 Show!
- The 2019 Show
- Student Bursary 2019
- Dogs at the 2019 Show
- Introducing Nicola Owen - the new President
- Competition Time
- The Castle Archers
- Littler Farmers Education Competition Winner
- Family Day Out
- Ladies Day - Wed 14th August 2019
- Craft & Horticulture at The Show 2019
- Food at the 2019 show
- Love Agriculture & countryside
- What you need to know for the 2019 show
- Message from Jan Pearce
- Message from Nicola Owen, President
- Lady Ambassador, Lorna Richards
- Refill your water bottles at the Show (1)
- Bursary Award Winner 2019
- Janet Cornock - Winner Idris Davies Memorial
- VIBRANT FOOD AND DRINK SCENE’ CELEBRATED IN PRODUCE MARK AWARDS
- Student Award Winners 2019
- Brian Lewis - Winner of Ian Fudge Perp Award
- Good Hook Award
- Mark Reynolds & Vincent Goffin Award Winners
- Welsh Government announce funding of £47,000 for DPJ Foundation
- Ministerial Visit for the Pembrokeshire County Show 2019
- Ladies Day 2019
- Championing Refill Pembrokshire’s mission at the 2019 show
- Cattle Championship Results 2019
- 2019 Tradestand Winners
- Scarlets Kit Launch at the 2019 Show
- Comedy Night 2019
- More muck than judgement - Friday 25th October 2019
- Harvest Festival - Wednesday 9th October 2019
- It's a sell out! (Extra date added)
- Christmas Carol Service - Mon 16th Dec 2019
- 2020 Membership Rates
- 2020 Sponsorship Opportunities
- West Wales Poultry Show
- "Let's get Quizzical"
- Equine Event on March 13th at Pembrokeshire County Showground
- Applications now open for the Role of Ambassador 2020
- £600 cheque donation made to CRY
- Wedding Fayre
- Covid 19 Event Update
- Covid 19 Updated 24th March
- Pembrokeshire County Show 2020 - IMPORTANT STATEMENT
- The Show Must Go On!
- Withybush Car Boot Sale Recommences
- Bryan's Blog
- The Show Must Go On!! Virtually
- Virtual Show Webinar
- Virtual Sunday Service, 16th August 7.30 pm
- 2020 Virtual Show Round Up
- A digital "Virtual Christmas"
Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society Student Bursary Award
Would you like some extra financial support to assist your chosen college and career path?Read More
Tradestand Applications now open!
Please click here to get our 2020 County Show Trade Stand Application FormRead More
Become a member
Join the Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society and enjoy great savings and the benefits of membership at the annual Coun...Read More