Janet Cornock - Winner of the Idris Davies Memorial Award for 2019
Janet Cornock was announced as the winner of the Idris Davies Memorial Award for 2019 during a ceremony at the show
Janet has farmed at Cefnydre, Fishguard, with her late husband Gwilym Cornock since the mid-1970s after moving there from her family home at Lower House, Spittal. Janet and Gwilym developed the Cefnydre farming business from the original 70 cow dairy herd to a herd of 320 milking cows together with followers. The day-to-day management of the farm has been passed onto the next generation with her son, James, and his wife, Nia, now farming at Cefnydre.
During her time in Spittal and in Fishguard, she has played an
active part in the club and county Young Farmers Club movement. All
three of her children were active members of Fishguard YFC and for
several years she was responsible for the Junior Club of 10-15 year
Janet has made a significant contribution to local agriculture, primarily through her involvement with the North Pembrokeshire Farmers' Club since she moved to Cefnydre. She initially took the role of Assistant Secretary of the North Pembrokeshire Farmers' Club before becoming Club Secretary and Secretary for Fishguard Show in 1995.
As Secretary of Fishguard Show, she carried out her duties and responsibilities with great enthusiasm, skill and effective leadership and she was responsible for organising all aspects of the Show. Fishguard Show is a hugely important event for the North Pembrokeshire farming community, and the show has grown from strength to strength over the years, thanks in no small part to the dedication, skill and personality of Janet. She has been a driving force to keep the success of the show going for a period of 21 years, right up until her retirement as Show Secretary in 2016.
In the last couple of years, Janet has played a prominent role in helping with the organisation of various local events as Pembrokeshire took its turn to be the Feature County for the Royal Welsh Agricultural Society in 2019. Janet provided the secretariat support for the North Pembrokeshire regional committee, and in this role she has been one of the leading lights in the fundraising efforts in the run up to this year's Royal Welsh Show.
Jeff Evans, chairman of the Idris Davies Memorial Award Management Committee, said: "Janet has made an outstanding contribution to the agricultural community in Pembrokeshire and she is an extremely worthy recipient of the Idris Davies Memorial Award this year. She joins some illustrious company in becoming this year's winner of this award."
Janet Cornock was announced as the winner by NFU chair Claire Morgan and is seen receiving the award from Simon Davies, on behalf of the Davies family, who presented the award.
- Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society Student Bursary Award
- New for 2019 - The Scarlets Village and Kit Launch
- New Lady Ambassador
- Stepping into new roles at Society's AGM
- Fun day provides a heartwarming tale
- PAS Ltd Privacy Statement
- Car boot sales
- Presidents diary
- PAS Attend The Twinned Tinahely Show
- Sheaf Throwing At This Years Show
- The President's Blog
- New addition to our 2019 Show!
- The 2019 Show
- Student Bursary 2019
- Dogs at the 2019 Show
- Introducing Nicola Owen - the new President
- Competition Time
- The Castle Archers
- Littler Farmers Education Competition Winner
- Family Day Out
- Ladies Day - Wed 14th August 2019
- Craft & Horticulture at The Show 2019
- Food at the 2019 show
- Love Agriculture & countryside
- What you need to know for the 2019 show
- Message from Jan Pearce
- Message from Nicola Owen, President
- Lady Ambassador, Lorna Richards
- Refill your water bottles at the Show (1)
- Bursary Award Winner 2019
- Janet Cornock - Winner Idris Davies Memorial
- VIBRANT FOOD AND DRINK SCENE’ CELEBRATED IN PRODUCE MARK AWARDS
- Student Award Winners 2019
- Brian Lewis - Winner of Ian Fudge Perp Award
- Good Hook Award
- Mark Reynolds & Vincent Goffin Award Winners
- Welsh Government announce funding of £47,000 for DPJ Foundation
- Ministerial Visit for the Pembrokeshire County Show 2019
- Ladies Day 2019
- Championing Refill Pembrokshire’s mission at the 2019 show
- Cattle Championship Results 2019
- 2019 Tradestand Winners
- Scarlets Kit Launch at the 2019 Show
- Comedy Night 2019
- More muck than judgement - Friday 25th October 2019
- Harvest Festival - Wednesday 9th October 2019
- It's a sell out! (Extra date added)
- Christmas Carol Service - Mon 16th Dec 2019
- 2020 Membership Rates
- 2020 Sponsorship Opportunities
- West Wales Poultry Show
- "Let's get Quizzical"
- Equine Event on March 13th at Pembrokeshire County Showground
- Applications now open for the Role of Ambassador 2020
- £600 cheque donation made to CRY
- Wedding Fayre
- Covid 19 Event Update
- Covid 19 Updated 24th March
- Pembrokeshire County Show 2020 - IMPORTANT STATEMENT
- The Show Must Go On!
- Withybush Car Boot Sale Recommences
- Bryan's Blog
- The Show Must Go On!! Virtually
- Virtual Show Webinar
- Virtual Sunday Service, 16th August 7.30 pm
- 2020 Virtual Show Round Up
- A digital "Virtual Christmas"
Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society Student Bursary Award
Would you like some extra financial support to assist your chosen college and career path?Read More
Tradestand Applications now open!
Please click here to get our 2020 County Show Trade Stand Application FormRead More
Become a member
Join the Pembrokeshire Agricultural Society and enjoy great savings and the benefits of membership at the annual Coun...Read More